Sunday, November 23, 2008

"Rebel Chic"







[images from harper's bazaar uk]
Today was uneventful; just the norm of a boring day of work at my mom's restaurant. When she finally decided to come back, I got to run over to the Atrium Mall and go to Borders. [The Second Time Around closed already at 6pm. darn it.] Is it dorky of me to love to go to the bookstore? I always obsess over the fashion section and the long row of fashion magazines. Is it so wrong to sit on a leather chair for an hour or two looking at editorials? Not in my world.


I came across the issue of Harper's Bazaar UK and I had to buy it. It was $9 but I didn't regret it at all. Is it bad that I'm starting to love British mags more than US? Anyways, I was in love with the "Rebel Chic" editorial. I'll die for the sequin bolero. What I love the most about it is the fact that it doesn't emphasize accessories, like jewelry. Less is definitely more. No?

My outfit tomorrow will showcase this look, no doubt.

3 comments:

TINE said...

Yes, I love the flashes of sequins! I also don't wear much jewelry compared to when I was younger.

elysia mann said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love this editorial SO MUCH! i love the sequins (of course), the lighting, the color (or lack thereof), and the model. perfection!

Ellie Lee said...

Love the 1st dress! So glam!! Cant wait to see how you're going to showcase this look(:

Love your brocade dress on your prev post! Really fab!